Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WHY REPARATIONS

I feel that reparations are in order. Yes, I really do. The reason: white America has wasted my life. Yep, they did it, not me. When whites accuse me of wasting my own life and I should have some accountability for my behavior, they compare me to white folk. Well, the ballgame wasn’t the same for me and such accusations just relieve them of their culpability in my condition. See, you can’t compare apples to oranges and get answers only using apples will give you.

Since the inception of these United States, people who look like me have had to endure, not just economic manipulation at all levels, but also socio-psychological manipulation as well and all under the threat of physical damage, which includes the criminal justice system. Not one white person can make such a claim, not even Timothy McVey.

This is why they wasted my life. I had to spend a lifetime of walking around white people instead of using the time to better my life free of racial, cultural and social stress. In order to have some type of economic security, I spent a lifetime of psychological debasement making them comfortable with the ill mannered way they treated me.

Many white folks (and some blacks) say that I don’t deserve reparations because slavery was so long ago and neither the slave nor the massa lives today. Well from my vantage point and history can back me up, the massa just moved off the plantation and settled up north. From there they could better control the “free slaves” with discriminatory laws, racist policy, and a unified code of conduct, all used to waste my life while making them look benevolent to the world.

So I (and those who look like me) deserve reparations to repair the damage for their wasting my life. And since whites can’t exhume my ancestors to pay them for wasting their lives, me, as their heir, (and similar to whites inheriting land, equity, and comparative easily gained fortunes from their dead ancestors) should inherit the reparation payment for my ancestor’s misery. They should pay me so I could leave here and live out what’s left of my life in some relative comfort, free of making white folks comfortable and not waste my time dealing with their pathology and working on my own.

They should be tired; I sure as hell know I am.

No comments: