Friday, October 19, 2007

GATEKEEPERS

You know what I’m beginning to think? I’m beginning to think that when Black women get hired for middle management jobs, they have a clandestine job description and that is to oversee the control of black men in the white man’s socio-economic world. I think this has profound implications on Black male-female relations and also reveals a pathological history steeped in white supremacy, and as someone coined, Post Traumatic Slave Syndromes. I’m careful to note that this is not all black women, it is usually the ones who are very ambitious, mid 30-mid 40’s, southern, Christian, fatherless, and overweight and if they are with a man he’s either white or a weak black man.

My African centered female friend took offense to my assessment by injecting the role of Black men in the employment scenario, so I’ll imagine what the other Black women will think of this “critique.” It should be noted that this critique is focused just on Black women in low to middle management positions in Euro-companies. Although there are many concomitant issues regarding Black men, that’s not my focus for this essay. I write this because I think it’s an important topic in our community, if proved correct. Black women are the culture bearers of what’s left of the African culture in America. And if my assessment is at all correct, think of the implications for the Black community at large, let alone young Black men, their sons.

Finally, if my critique is correct, what can we do, if anything, to correct this abnormality? As the Black condition stands in America today, I say nothing. How can Black women, who are absent Black men because of white supremacy’s impact on their social economic condition, take care of the children without working? How can they keep a job if they don’t do what’s expected of them, i.e.: Gatekeepers?

I think this is another reason for Reparations. I don’t think Euro culture can change in time to allow Black culture to proliferate in its natural state. By that I mean to allow Black people to first find then subscribe to their African culture essence, which is in many cases, the antithesis to Euro culture thought and behavior. Europeans will develop such cognitive dissonance, uneasiness and paranoia that they will attack. Our only chance is to live where the African cultural essence is no threat even though neo colonialism may exist. Again this is not written to be divisive, but to bring to the forefront a problem if it exists at all. If not, then this is just another doom and gloom essay.
A

No comments: